Basque Country Digital Cluster
Pays Basque Digital is a cluster of digital companies in the Basque Country. It is composed of companies specialising in software publishing and/or value-added IT consulting firms.
The cluster's action plan focuses on three areas:
- developing sales and communication
- developing expert training to develop innovation
- sharing needs and resources
Pays Basque Digital currently has sixty or so members at the Izarbel technology park and in the Basque Country.
Based at Izarbel since the middle of the 1990s, the Institute of Advanced Industrial Technologies (ESTIA) has a research department and two dedicated platforms on the Bidart site:
ESTIA's interdisciplinary research is focused on the crossover between science, technology, and human and social sciences, and is conducted by 63 people on 5 themes:
- Electrical and automated engineering for renewable energy
- Microsystems and independent sensors
- Innovation and organisational change
- Perceptive and interactive systems for the robotisation of processes
To help project leaders create companies, ESTIA also has an 'Enterprise' department dedicated to accommodating and supporting innovative entrepreneurial projects.
At the Izarbel technology park, ESTIA Entreprendre runs a business incubator and accelerator focused on digital technologies with 1,200 m² of premises and 30 offices to rent.